Here comes the lamb of God, sent to take away the World's sin
There are those that believe that a person's life basically comes down to one defining moment. One moment when all that you knew about yourself and all that you thought you were comes into question. In that moment a decision is taken, it may not be on the intellectual or emotional but a decision is taken.
Images Courtesy of The Bread Site
If this is all true, my moment was on a second hand bookstall in Reading. I picked up the bible and made my plea. From that day things started to change. From that day things in me started to shift. The bitterness, rage and hatred that threatened to consume me started to abate. A future started to form in my path, hope started to rise above the mire of my existance.
I came to a personal knowledge of our Father before Jesus. I came to feel him as a loving entity, as my Father not my judge and it was through my Father and new wife that I came to know Jesus. I accepted him as my brother, my saviour and my king.
If the world's life came down to one defining moment then I think that it would be with the birth of this incredible man.
The world given to Adam had been lost with his fall. Evil had played a major part in this fall with the serpents seductive tones. Eve was enticed to know what God knew and she brought Adam in this. Their innocence had doomed the world to untold darkness. Why? Because all that our Father asked when he gave to world to Adam was do not eat from the tree of life. Adam had lost his thrown to Satan.
But all was not lost; God knew what would happen once man was given free will. God knew the price he would pay and the pain he would bear to give man this precious gift. This precious gift, this faith our Father that we would eventually learn how to use it to find him. It was also with free will that you will set yourself free from Adams's fall. 42 generations has passed since Adam's fall to that faithful and long awaited day.
Then came the dawn of what would be the one defining moment in man's history - The birth of Jesus, the son of a carpenter. God had returned to his garden to prove one thing. That a man can live a sinless life and with Jesus' crucifixion came our freedom. The Old Testament prophets told of this man's coming. It told that a king would be born; it told with his birth comes our freedom. What we did not see was that his kingdom would not only be in this world but the next.
It told that Jesus would spread the word of God to the Gentiles (us) and with it a new time would dawn. A new day for the races of men. There are many authors that have written much more lovingly and much more eloquently. There are also those which have written from an extremely skewed perspective. Some have become a source of disinformation for fledgling Christians like myself. Here are some fallacies that just need exploding.
1. Jesus was not a disciple of John the Baptist.
Jesus met John precisely twice. The first was in the womb of his Mother, Mary, before he was born. John, who was also in his mothers womb, rolled as Mary entered the room.
The second was the gateway to the start of our Lord's ministry. John saw Jesus coming through the crowd and said to one of his disciples "here comes the lamb of God, sent to take away the worlds sin". Jesus was then baptized and went straight off the the desert for 40 days. That was the first and last time that Jesus met John in this life. Jesus was not a disciple of John's or ran for the hills when John was arrested by Herod.
John turned to two of his disciples after the baptism of Jesus, John and Andrew and instructed them to now follow Jesus. That was it john's only direct interaction with Jesus.
2. Jesus did not die in a market in Egypt.
This is perhaps the most disturbing. The story claims that Jesus actually survived the crucifixion and was smuggled out of Jerusalem. The story paints Jesus as a victim of some personality disorder that was saved by family only to die on at the hands of a knife welding stall holder that Jesus tried to steal from.
Be warned, this disinformation is rife and has been designed to rock your faith and send you from the path.
3. Jesus was not an alien hybrid from an interstellar race.
It is to my shame that I actually entertained this idea in my youth. It is a fallacy designed again by the "Father of Lies" to send, or keep you, from the true path. I read books that dismissed the burning bush as either a natural phenomenon or alien intervention. The star that lead the wise men to Jesus was actually a U.F.O.The whole bible was dissected and explained away as either the church protecting it's strangle hold on man or aliens.
What these lies actually feed on is our lack of faith in the spiritual. Our need to control our environment and ignore our futures.
3. Jesus did not marry Mary Magdalene and have a family.
The whole point of God coming to earth was to prove that he could live as a man. Without the weakness and flaws that we have. He did, he was born of a virgin and died a virgin
Pure of the flesh and pure of the spirit. What these lies actually feed on is our lack of faith in the spiritual. Our need to demean one that is greater than us. We put then on a pedestal just to be able to knock then off and feel better about ourselves as we just those that we once on high.
This page forms what I've come to understand the impact that Jesus has had on me. The changes that Jesus has brought to my life and how I am adapting to and trying to understand. This will become a lifelong education.
1. You can not take Jesus for fashion, profit or protection. You must take him for love. You must take him above all others and when you are called you must answer. The problem comes with actually hearing the call and what you must do.
2. Once you take Jesus you are no longer part of this world, you are part of his kingdom and as such are under his dominion. Now here comes the hard part. You are part of a new world that you can not see, or touch or even smell. But what you can do is feel it in your heart.. This organ will spread his love through the rest of your body. You have to train yourself to start to listen to it. To hear its council because Jesus will tell you things and show you things through it.
3. The struggle with faith. This is one of your most precious gifts and Jesus will help by sending his Holy Spirit to help you. You will learn that when you start to use your faith it will shine like a beacon in the darkness of this world. This beacon will show Satan that you are awakening to a new world. A new world that he does not want you to find. There's a whole chapter on this site about faith and my struggles to keep hold of it.